spring // a guest post by ryan

Pinned Image
>>source<<
Spring
is one of my favorite seasons.

When I wake up,
I look toward my window to see the bright sun bekoning me,
and I run my fingers across the windowsill,
seeming to pick up the light.

I braid my hair,
feeling the almond strands,
and peering out of my window,
feeling comfort.

I open up the door and cautiously step out,
feeling the still-cold ground as it recovers from winter.

Slowly,
 I walk a long pathway that holds blooming flowers of all sorts,
my feet beginning to bounce on the soft green grass around me.

This is Spring.

The clouds above me are waving past,
the sun is placed on a bright pedestal for all of the world to see.

The trees above me hold small white jewels,
and I watch them bloom in slow motion.

Into my nose comes the scent of the crisp breeze,
and the dewdrops that form on the untouched grass.

This is a new beginning.
This is Spring.

love, ryan

Contemplating Beauty  – (March 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM)  

my word, beautiful!!! I'm printing this out...:)

Unknown  – (March 26, 2012 at 4:35 PM)  

Glad you enjoyed it! Make sure to check out Ryan's blog, http://alittle-bird-toldme.blogspot.com/

It's filled with wonderful things like this!

xoxo,
Hannah Mae

Post a Comment