Guest Post by Kiana Bates: Brownie Time!

I have an amazing guest post for you today! Her name is Kiana Bates, and she is from the blog Kiana Baking Bates. She is an awesome blogger and this is one awesome post! So, without further ado......... here's her post! 

Hello there Let It Rain Love readers!
I'm Kiana, coming over from Kiana Baking Bates, where I blog about the delicious sweets that I make in my free time. I love making cookies, brownies, and cupcakes. They are so fun, and there are so many different recipes that you can try!

Here is my latest creation:
Brownies!

I love brownies. I could probably eat them all day. But that would not be good.
I am so used to making them out of a box, since that's what I've been doing for my whole childhood.
It is so nice to get a homemade one that tastes way better than the out of the box brownies the I am so used to.










The Best Brownies

props to: Bean Town Baker

Ingredients 
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
  • 2 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups cocoa
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp espresso powder, optional
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan
2. In a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Return the mixture to the heat briefly, just until it's hot, but not bubbling; it'll become shiny looking as you stir it. Heating this mixture a second time will dissolve more of the sugar, which will yield a shiny top crust on your brownies.
3. Transfer the sugar mixture to a medium-sized mixing bowl, if you've heated it in a saucepan. Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla.
4. Whisk in the eggs, stirring until smooth.
5. Add the flour and chips, again stirring until smooth.
6. Spoon the batter into a lightly greased 9" x 13" pan.
7. Bake the brownies for about 30-35 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, or with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it. The brownies should feel set on the edges, and the center should look very moist, but not uncooked. Remove them from the oven and cool completely prior to cutting.

8. Enjoy with all your heart.

^ That is a very important step in the process! If you're going to take the time to make homemade brownies, then why not enjoy them!

What do you think? Do you like Kiana's post? Well then visit her blog and leave a comment or something nice, and, even better, follow her! :) she is a super cute girl who is amazing at blogging! Go check it out! You won't be disappointed!


xoxo,
   Hannah Mae

sherri  – (March 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM)  

I love browniees! Thanks for sharing!

sherri

www.sherriamour.blogspot.com

Lindsey Madison  – (March 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM)  

I LOVE THIS!!! I'm definitely trying the recipe :D

Unknown  – (March 17, 2012 at 5:23 PM)  

I love brownies too! I'm so glad Kiana made them!

xoxo,
Hannah Mae

Unknown  – (March 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM)  

I love it too! Kiana did great in this guest post! :)

xoxo,
Hannah Mae

Post a Comment